Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Working It All Out and Feeling Better

  It has taken 7 1/2 weeks so far, but I think we are finally starting to get the hang of life with 4 children.  I must say, it is a daunting task, you must prepare ahead and become even more organized if you want to get anything done.  Today, I have spent about 2 hours meal planning for the next 2 weeks.  I still do not grocery shop for another week, but I figure 'I better do it while I have the time'.  I have started cooking every other Saturday, in order to have as much prepared ahead of time as possible.  So far, it is working out well, Praise the Lord!!  
  John started teaching English at a local highschool here in Korat last week.  He has around 550 students in 1 week.  Having a different group of classes every day helps his planning become a bit easier.  I am thankful for this job, which has enabled us to get a work visa and we will not have to leave America every 15 months.  We will be able to only leave when we want. 
  I have been memorizing 1 Cor. 13 this week, which I feel I desperately need to remember even more during this time of my life.  The Lord has called John and I to a life of giving Him the freedom to bless us with as many children as He feels we can handle.  Lately, it has been a bit of a challenge to continue walking in this surrender.  Sometimes I feel as if I am not walking in love.  This passage of scripture is really hitting home.  Yesterday, I was thinking on verse 3, I believe, where it says, '...if I surrender my life to the flame, but have not love, I gain nothing'.  You know,  I can surrender all to God, yea, it sounds real nice, but if I am not walking in love then what do I gain...NOTHING!  Love is not easily angered, love is not rude--seems like I remember being easily angered and rude all at the same time!  Come on Jesus!!  I know He is changing me and molding me, I love it, even though it hurts...a lot!  I would be lying if I said these past several weeks have been easy.  They have been fun, you know, enjoying a new blessing, watching the children around here, but easy...no!  It has hurt, in more ways than one.  I always feel that with each child the Lord brings more dirt out of my heart.  It is pruning season, and we all know that hurts.  But, God is good all the time, and He knows what we all need.  So, thank the Lord, I feel like we are over the hump now and hearing the Lord really speaking love, mercy, grace, and patience.  I thank Him for His loving kindness!  
  Here is a quote I read the other day that really hits home:  

"People turn their best side out; they are delightful in company, but snarly at home.  There they give vent to their dissatisfaction, their temper, their grouch.  They are scent-bottles abroad, vinegar-bottles at home...to be a christian at home one must learn to 'keep sweet'."

  My prayer for us all is that we will be scent-bottles at home!!  God bless you all as you continue to seek Him for you families and your lives!!

Sandy  

No comments:

Post a Comment