Sunday, January 17, 2010

EXPECTATIONS/HOMESCHOOL/BREAD

I haven't posted since October...it doesn't seem that long ago. Sometimes, I begin going through things that I believe most wouldn't want to hear. So, I know it is sad to say, but as a missionary, I feel that 'ministry' stuff is what a lot of people had rather hear. Ministry is great and especially fun to hear about when God is visibly moving in that area. As a baby on the field, I choose NOT to write when times are difficult. If, in the future, you don't hear from me...email me :).
God has brought us through an extremely difficult season!! I have posted about some of the difficult times in the past, even eluding to the fact that things were better, and, I honestly, at that time, was given a breath of fresh air. Overall, the testing has lasted for more than a year. The lesson that I have learned is to lower your expectations of man and continue to expect the greatest from the Lord. On December 28th, the Lord took me to Deuteronomy 8:2
"Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands...to teach you that man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."

Wow!! That is so powerful to me!! To know what is in my heart!! Are we going to split and run when the going gets tough? No, just hold on by the strength of the Lord! New Year's Eve was like a breakthrough for us. Since that night the Lord has opened so many doors for ministry and has released us to walk through them!
I will share very soon about these awesome opportunities that have opened for us to minister the gospel with Thailand!!

Right now, the weather is soooo sweet!! It is 'fallish'.

The children are in bed, I have downloaded a free e-book called 'Smooth and Easy Days' with Charlotte Mason(I hope I get to read it soon :)). If any of you are homeschooling and appreciate the works of Charlotte Mason, please visit simplycharlottemason.com, I am sure you will be blessed. This site really helps organize this method.
I am really missing craft time with my children, if any of you out there have any great craft ideas that somehow fit in with your study, please send me a link or an email. When Madaline was small she did so many crafts, now with 4 children, crafts are limited, and I miss experiencing the fun with crafts.


great and easy WHOLE WHEAT BREAD (without a machine, since i fried mine)

Grind your wheat (or buy it already ground)

4 cups warm water
1 1/2- 2 T yeast
1/3 cup honey

Mix and let sit about 10 minutes. Add enough flour to make a sponge (kind of thick, until it slowly pours off wooden spoon). Stir with spoon 200 strokes. Let sit until rises about double.

Add 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 T salt. Stir.

Add enough flour to knead. My best loaves are a little sticky, but firm enough to bounce back when you poke it. (You can also add a little white bread flour if you want to get some gluten in there, which helps with texture, or all whole wheat and add straight gluten--up to you:)

Then, let it sit until double its size. Break in to two halves. You will be making two loaves.
Forcefully throw onto counter and knead well, to remove all air bubbles. Shape into loaves, put in two, well greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

You can make many different variations. Last week we had one plain whole wheat and one cranberry walnut. Just throw the additives in at the end. Tomorrow I will try cinnamon sugar!! Yummy...I am hungry!!!

Recipe---Special thanks the Carolyn Shafer!!! You and your family are my role models :)


Inspired from A.B.---let's eat more RAW today!! Whew, it sure is a challenge, but so beneficial!!! Lord, help me to benefit myself and my family this week.

Continue to let Jesus rock your world!!! He is the most amazing!! In Paul's troubles he was always encouraged by JOY!!! Let's be full of JOY!!!!

Prophecy from Bethel:

2010 is the year of birthing the vision!!!

2010 if the year of incredible intimacy with the Lord!!!!

This is the year of going into the unknown!!!

AMEN!!!!

love you all
sl

No comments:

Post a Comment