Wednesday, February 24, 2010

GIVE ME GRACE TO WALK THE PATH

*If you haven't already, listen to Isa Couvertier(sp), go to iTunes, she's there!!


(These are our friends that we are working together with to start a Thai church and the after-school program. R-L The Lovorn's, The Cocran's, Chad/Nan/Sam, and Pastor Yot/Mo/Yobel)

I am really missing America today. Just wanting to chit-chat with a few friends, take the children to grandma's, things that don't happen around here as much. I think I am in need of a break. I am wanting to watch a really good movie, but, to be honest, don't know any that I feel like is worth my time. Sad :(. Just kind of tired of the same 'ole thing going on. The children are swimming across the street in the lake and Moriah is asleep. So, dinner plans...something tasty, something beneficial...not sure. Wanting something really good. I found a new mushroom curry recipe, thinking of trying that.
John is out of school for the 'summer' here in Thailand. It is really nice to have him around more, although he is still busy. On Saturday he will be preaching in Thai at a village church. So, he is gone working on his sermon and translating it into Thai. Then, of course, all of the errands that needed to be run. He will begin during this summer break with the after-school program, not sure of dates yet.
The weather is beautiful right now, warm/hot, but windy. We did a little school outside today and enjoyed the breeze. Thinking about maybe after dinner running into town, just to get out. Mothering 4 children and homeschooling, plus living in a foreign country equals me not getting out often!

SOME OF THIS WEEK'S MENU:

MACADAMIA NUT MILK
it turned out wonderful!! The children really enjoyed their chocolate mylk shakes and there was no guilt (well, maybe a little because of the 'not-so pure maple syrup' I had to use)

nut milk (about 2-3 cups) any kind will do
handful of ice
3T cocoa
3 T agave nectar
3T maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Whiz, whiz!! Yummy!!

COCONUT MACAROONS
these are wonderful!! Madaline thought I bought them!
1/2 cup Coconut Butter (just bake a cookie sheet full of coconut until turns golden and smells good-then put in blender with a little coconut oil and whiz until butter--keeps in fridge fine)
3 T cocoa
1 cup coconut
3T coconut oil

Process this all in the food processor. Roll out 1/2 inch balls with hand, put on wax paper, and then to freezer until ready to eat.

2 Corinthians 7:1
"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."

IT IS ALL ABOUT HIM!!! I love loving God and I love the way He loves me!! He sees us as beautiful, blooming flowers!! One of my favorite things about living in Thailand is that I am somewhat sheltered from the bad and unholy around me...don't get me wrong, it is here and here heavily. I feel like I don't have to see it or hear it as much as I did when in America. Maybe because I can't understand the language fully, so, that leaves me in somewhat of a bubble. And, quite honestly...I enjoy that!

Be blessed this week and run from the negative, unholy, unrighteous things around you. If it is negative, bad language, ugly, impure, and doesn't edify you or make you feel better---then flee quickly. Then, think about the beauty that God has given to us to enjoy!

I have a hilarious picture I kept trying to post in this spot of John, after a haircut a few weeks back. The beautician 'had a great time' fixing his hair...wish you could see it!

Love you my friends!!
sandy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sandy! I was laying here unable to sleep and was reading your post. First of all let me say that I admire the commitment to the Lord that you have. Being a preacher's daughter I know what a sacrifice it is to commit yourself wholy to His work. When I was younger, and less knowledgable of the world, I thought I would want to be a missionary's wife. I know my dad would have wanted that instead of where my life has led. I can sense the peace and contentment in your words. I know you are TRULY happy. Even though you may be homesick you still are able to be content with what God has blessed y'all with. I'm layin here crying like a baby because I know that's what I'm lacking in my life. I'm so weak to the things of this world. Although I'm happier now than I have been in a long time, I still lack the peace that comes with knowing I'm obeying God's will. Please pray for me. I haven't told this to anyone but I felt compelled to ask you when I read your post. God has blessed me in so many ways and I still fall short of what I know he wants me and expects me to do. So anyway, Sandy, please pray for a change in my life and the strength to follow His will. You and John are amazing people. I'm glad I happened to see this and read it. I'm sure God had everything to do with that! Love, Heather Pinson

    ReplyDelete