Sunday, August 22, 2010

'...He Will Uphold the Cause of His Servant...'



A dear friend read the verses of 1 Kings 8:56-61 to me this week as we were skyping, as something that the Lord had given her to encourage her, and then in return shared it with me to encourage and strengthen me. At the time she asked of my thoughts, but, with children ready for bed and the grumpiness that sometimes goes along with that, I was unable to even process the verses at the time. So, here are my thoughts and feelings...

'And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the Lord, be near to the Lord our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day's need.'
1 Kings 8:59

I have been so encouraged and strengthened with these verses! Then, we went to church today, and the service in Thai, was adding to these verses. The feelings are so good, I can truly tell that people have been praying for me. Thank you all for your prayers! God is so good and I know that the prayers we all have prayed are near to our God day and night!!! He is upholding the cause of this servant and meeting each day's need! Praise the Lord!

Of course, we all have a cause, purpose, and destiny. Some days we may not feel that we are doing anything to fulfill our destinies. Let us have faith for only each day's needs. 'Lord, I need strength today to homeschool my children with a GREAT attitude!! I need strength today, to get out of bed and meditate on Your words. I need strength today to get out of bed...period! I need strength today...you fill in the blank!

Lord, help us to only focus on each day...not to get carried away with our entire situation! We have a cause! We have a destiny!! Let us walk in it with our heads held high, our feet upon the Rock, unwavering, steadfast, joyful, abundant! We will fulfill the destiny the Lord has for us if we only remain in Him!

Thank you Father!

Much Love!!


**this is a painting by Carl Larsson**

'He will uphold the cause of His servant'

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture. Wish I was sitting in that chair and contemplating the things of God and life. He looks so peaceful and content. Thank God for the person who encouraged you with the Word of God - that is a friend to keep for life. Thank God for the people praying for you and your family. May God give them the unction to pray and see your family fulfill your call to God and to each other and to the nation of Thailand and any other direction God has for you all. May God bless your friendship and may you grow in the things of God together continually. I love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend....You so special to me too! I love you! And I love the style of your blog! It looks so great! Thanks for reminding about the verse...I am feeling a little like I might have forgotten the cause...

    ReplyDelete